Wednesday 25 July 2012

SLIPPERY SILK

I do sometimes wonder about teachers.  I have spent this afternoon machine sewing all four sides of some silk squares for our local primary school.  The pupils have done lovely dragon designs on them but, being silk, they are fraying really badly.

Woodbine Cottage Quilts to the rescue.  I was quite glad of an inside project today as the temperatures are soaring to 30 degrees and the sun is so intense it is not a good idea to sit outside and quilt.

Next thing to do is to make my sandwich for the Ladybug wall hanging so that I can quilt it and post it off to the States in time for September.  I sometimes think that the postal service in England is going back to the cleft stick method of delivering mail after a 1st class letter to 8 days to reach its destination. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment