Tuesday 24 July 2012

PORK PIE INSTEAD OF QUILTING

So far this morning all I have done is make a Gluten-free Pork Pie for my dear Hubby.  He has been a coeliac for 35 years and one of his regrets about his condition was the lack of pork pies; then along came Phil Vickery who is the Coeliac UK's envoy for all things cooking.  He published his recipe in the magazine a few weeks ago and this will be the second pie I have made.  Asw you will reaqlise, it has been a great success at the cottage.

It was not really the best thing to do today as my kitchen is very hot; mainly due to our AGA which is the heart of our cottage.  It is a faithful friend and very cosy to sit by in Winter with hand quilting to do.  I like hand quilting in Winter as it keeps your knees warm.

I have finished yet another Advent Calendar now so watch out for Ebay and my sales on here.  I shall shortly publish photos of all the calendars I have on offer at present.

I have to do two sick visits this afternoon to two of my MU members who are in our local cottage hospital but when I get back I have promised myself I shall finish the embellishments on the Ladybug wall hanging I am making for Tilly's fourth birthday. 

When we were last out in Seattle I visited my friend Linda Hitchcock of Undercover Quilts in Pike Place Market and I took Tilly with me.  She fell in love with this hanging that Linda had displayed in her shop so I bought the pattern, (it's by Betty Laughlin for Pieced Together Consulting and Design), and have made it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment