Friday 10 August 2012

PHEW! THE LAST OF THE PLUMS, I THINK

Well, I think I've processed the last of the plums, for the time being.  The Victoria plum is covered with very hard, green fruit at the moment so I may have to deal with some more before the end of the month.

I made my signature soup, Plum, Zucchini and Mint Soup.  It is totally vegetarian provided you use vegetable stock but has the taste of minestrone.  If you would like to look at the recipe go to

www.allrecipes.co.uk/recipe28743/plum--zucchini--mint--soup.aspx

I got the recipe from The Pike Place Cookcook which I bought on my first visit to our youngest son who lives in Seattle with his wife and family. 

If  you are ever in Washington State, USA, pay a visit to Seattle with its wonderful food market.  It is the oldest market that is still going strong in the States and the variety of foods and goods is amazing.  Everyone is friendly and smiley and the fishmongers even sing and throw the fish about.  It is a spectacle that draws tourists from all over.

What about quilting?  I hear you cry.  Well, I am sewing the pockets onto my latest offering.  The Ladybug wall hanging is finished except for labelling and my printer has run out of ink so I can't print off the personalised label I have designed for it. 

I shall have to make a visit to town tomorrow to get new ink cartridges.  I shall also photograph the hanging to show you all what I have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment