Saturday 4 August 2012

PLUM CRUMBLE A-GO-GO

We have a glut of plums this year.  Pity it’s not sunshine but we can’t have everything.
 
I’ve made two plum crumbles this morning.   I use a lovely crumble recipe with brown sugar and a teaspoon of ginger.

I do enjoy cooking, almost as much as patchwork and the Summer is a  lovely season with all the home grown fruit and vegetables available

I am sewing the binding onto the Ladybug hanging now so it will soon be winging its way out to the States.  I shall be sad to see it go and I really enjoyed piecing it.

I have hand quilted around all 5 ladybugs to make them stand out and look more realistic.

My cousin is coming to lunch tomorrow with her Husband.  Roast lamb, home grown veg., and, of course, plum crumble to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment